Human Resources Associate
- A degree in Business, Human Resources or other related field OR Three (3) years of experience in the HR field, OR Any similar combination of education and experience.
- Must be detailed oriented with strong math skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Maintain confidentiality in daily operations, and to conduct daily duties in a professional manner
- Proficiency in MS Office: strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook. Must be able to create Excel spreadsheets with formulas.
- Payroll experience, preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
to company core values
(Integrity, Respect, Excellence, Service, Interdependence, Listening)
- Assists in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Administrates and process hourly payroll.
- Maintains applicant tracking system.
- Monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Interacts with all employees as needed in a support position concerning benefits, employment related matters and personnel policies.
- Responsible for performing special projects as requested by the Human Resource Manager.
- Pre-screen candidates, schedules interviews, and check references.
- Prepares, organizes and assists in New Employee Orientation.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and other Human Resource planning meetings.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Develops, creates and distributes the weekly company newsletter.
- Professionally manages telephone system to relay incoming and interoffice calls.
- Greets all visitors courteously, determines their needs, and directs them to the proper person and/or office.
- Receives, sorts, and posts all incoming/outgoing mail.
- Orders and maintains office supplies.
- Performs a variety of clerical duties including but not limited to filing, data entry and tracking spreadsheets.
- Back-up to Human Resource Manager as needed.